Sunday, April 26, 2009

Little Children, part II

Yeah, this should be with the last post...

Paul (of course) understood what it meant to "Love your neighbor as yourself" (see lower post) and to "love one another as I have loved you" (Jesus, John 13:34, paraphrase)

Philippians 2:2-4

...make my joy complete by being of the same mind, maintaining the same love, united in spirit, intent on one purpose. Do nothing from selfishness or empty conceit, but with humility of mind regard one another as more important than yourselves; do not merely look out for your own personal interesets, but also for the interests of others.

1 comment:

  1. wow so I read your first post last night (or this morning? don't remember) and was thinking about it a lot. Then with my sixth grade class we were talking about the difference between living a life focused on ourselves or living a life focused on God and others. Then I went to college group. 1 John->need I say more? THEN at the London meeting we talked about this verse. hmmm I'm thinking maybe God is trying to get the "regard one another as more important than yourself" message across to me today :)

    So now I've been reading 1 John and Philippians instead of doing all my phys homework :)

    Thanks for the encouraging/challenging posts!!

    ReplyDelete